- How can I make the fill gap exercises ?
- Can you make this program beeing translated to my language ?
- There are a few grammatical mistakes in the documentation (help) file or in the examples...
- How can I install the Perl scripts QmakeCGI.pl and QmakeCGIQuery.pl on my server ?
- Is there a charge for QuizFaber ?
- How to read the emailed results that are sent to me as a file name Postdata.ATT ?
- The quiz doesn't send the email with the results at the end of quiz, although the option was enabled
For fill gap exercises, you should check if you follow the rule below:
You can make phrases with missing words writing your phrase and the words that you wish be hidden must be enclosed by square brackets [ and ].
This is a [phrase] with missing words
In this example, "phrase" is the missing word.
In the HTML quiz, a missing word is replaced by a empty text box.
You can write more than a word within square brackets separated by a comma. The student give a exact answer if he write one of the words enclosed by square brackets.
The [USA, United States] has a flag with stars and strips.
Both USA and United States are a correct answer.
2. Can you make this program beeing translated to my language ?
Yes, sure. I'm glad to offer you this possibility.
You can download a text file with the list of sentences, in English language, used in the HTML quiz (this list contains about one hundred short sentences).
You should reply me via e-mail this list translated into your language.
I'll add these sentences into QuizFaber and a new item will be added in the list of languages (in "Create HTML quiz" dialog window).
3. There are a few grammatical mistakes in the documentation (help) file or in the examples...
Yes, I'm sorry for my awful English, but everyone can help me by reporting the grammatical mistakes that I have made.
4. How can I install the Perl scripts QmakeCGI.pl and QmakeCGIQuery.pl on my server ?
First, read carefully the document How to install a Perl script on this site.
If you are still having difficulty installing these scripts, send an e-mail to , including any error messages you are receiving and as much detail as you can. I hope I will be able to help you solve your problems.
5. Is there a charge for QuizFaber ?
No, QuizFaber is absolutly free, there is not a charge; moreover, you can freely publish on Internet, into your site, or into your Intranet, the HTML quizzes that you have made with QuizFaber. I have chosen this policy because the software is grown with the help and ideas of many users, the translating in many languages (French, Spanish...) is done with the free help of people in their mother language.
6. How to read the emailed results that are sent to me as a file name Postdata.ATT ?
You should open the POSTDATA.ATT (attachment) file with QuizFaber.
First of all, you should save the .ATT file into a folder on your PC. Then, you run QuizFaber, click on "Tools" menu, then choose the item "Import email result", or, more simply, drag and drop the icon file into the main window.
The .ATT file is automatically translated into a HTML file, displayed with your default browser and saved into the same folder of the origin file .ATT.
7. The quiz doesn't send the email with the results at the end of quiz, although the option was enabled.
It happen when you choose the options "simple mode" into "Email settings" window, and you don't use Internet Explorer as browser and Outlook as email client.
The reason is because the quiz uses the tag <FORM ACTION="mailto:"> that don't belong to the HTML specifications.
Instead, I suggest you to use the "advanced mode" option that uses a CGI server script for sending email.